Are you looking for an Easy Diwali Craft for Kids during this Diwali? Our Paper Diya Craft with Free Template would be Perfect! These vibrant Diyas are easy to make and are perfect to decorate our house!
I personally love lighting lamps in preparation for this celebration, and this year, I created these decorative paper lamps to accompany the beautifully lit Diya. Festivals are all about sharing and experiencing love and happiness, and I figured sharing these free Diya templates would be a perfect way to spread joy and happiness. Scroll down to the end of the post to download the free template. Read on to know how to do it.
Diwali Paper Diya craft
The Diwali Paper Diya made with our template will be approximately 10cm. It doesn’t take more than 5 minutes to complete this. There are two templates, one which allows you to fill it with your favourite colours and designs, and the second which is completely pre-coloured.
Materials Required to make paper Diyas:
We need only a few materials and tools to make this cute little project. Some of the items contain affiliate links for reference and convenience.
- Construction Paper
- Paper glue
- And our free Diwali paper Diya template (Download at the end of the post)
How to make Diwali paper Diya:
Here is a video tutorial and the step-by-step instructions are below.
1. Download the Diya template and print it. You can print on any paper but I personally prefer cardstock for making crafts like these.
2. Cut all the pieces out using a good pair of scissors.
3. Now grab an A4 coloured paper and start by folding in accordion-style along the long edge. You can keep the width of each fold approximately 0.7cm to 1cm or even use an ice cream popsicle for reference to keep the folds uniform.
4. Fold the completed design in half and cut it. Now you have two designs out of one paper. Take one of them and fold it in half, the same way as before. Apply glue on the side and stick them together.
5. Spread the folds to form a semicircle.
6. Finally, Paste the Diya on the perforated papercraft we just created.
There you go! Your paper Diya is ready to light up the room.
Create a Paper Diya in your Style
On the printable, you also have a Black and white Diy template, which allows you to be creative. These have the necessary outline, you can colour them with your favourite colours and add more designs.
Here are the finished Diya templates that I coloured on my own. I handpicked vibrant and contrasting colours to give it a festive look.
Click the below icon to download the Template and make your own. Please note, the printable is only for personal use. If you would like to share it with your friends, Kindly direct them to this blog. Thank you!
Pin our Diwali paper Diya craft for later. Be sure you are following Little Ladoo on Pinterest for fresh awesome ideas.
I hope these decorative Diya templates help in making your home more festive and spreads joy and happiness this Diwali. I also wish that you have a safe and eco-friendly Diwali.
More easy Crafts for kids
Check out all Diwali-Related crafts, activities and Printables