All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for an Easy Diwali craft for kids this festive season? Our Paper Diya craft with a Free Template is just what you need!
These vibrant Diyas are simple to make and will beautifully decorate your house on Diwali.
Additionally, take a peek at all the Fantastic Diwali crafts and Printables for kids we have available right here!
Supplies you will need to make this Diya Craft
- Our free Diwali paper Diya template (Download available at the end of the post)
- Construction paper
Watch a Video Tutorial
Here is a video tutorial on how to make Paper Diyas!
Directions to make the Paper Diya Craft
Here’s how to create your own Diwali paper Diya:
1. Download and print the Diya template. I recommend using cardstock for this craft.
2. Cut out all the pieces using a good pair of scissors.
3. Take an A4 coloured paper and fold it accordion-style along the long edge. Each fold should be approximately 1cm wide. You can use an ice cream popsicle as a reference for uniform folds.
4. Fold the completed design in half and cut it, resulting in two designs from one piece of paper. Take one of them, fold it in half the same way as before, apply glue on the side, and stick them together.
5. Spread the folds to form a semicircle.
6. Finally, paste the Diya on the perforated papercraft we just created.
There you have it! Your paper Diya is now ready to illuminate the room.
Personally, I enjoy lighting lamps in preparation for this celebration, and this year, these decorative paper lamps also adorned our walls.
Feel free to personalize your Diya using the black and white template provided. This template allows you to colour it with your favourite colours and add additional designs.
Here are the coloured Diya templates. I chose vibrant and contrasting colours to give them a festive look.
For patterns, Micron fine liners and Sharpie Fine Point markers were utilized.
Looking for the perfect Activity pack to celebrate Diwali week? Look no further! Our 95-page printable activity pack has everything you need to have a fantastic time.
From learning Diwali stories and playing fun games to enjoying colouring activities and practising math and English skills, it’s all included in this single pack. See the List of Activities here.
Download the Diya Template
Click the below icon to download the Template and make your own. Please note, that the printable is only for personal use. If you would like to share it with your friends, Kindly direct them to this blog. Thank you!
I hope these decorative Diya templates help make your home more festive and bring joy and happiness this Diwali. Wishing you a safe and eco-friendly Diwali celebration.