Make these paper Diya craft to make your Diwali more decorative and vibrant.
I personally love lighting lamps in preparation for this celebration, and this year, I created these decorative paper lamps to accompany the beautifully lit diyas. Festivals are all about sharing and experiencing love and happiness, and I figured sharing these free diya templates would be a perfect way to spread joy and happiness. Scroll down to the end of the post to download the free template. Read on to know how to do it.
The Diwali Paper diya made with our template will be approximately 10cm long. It doesn’t take more than 5 minutes to complete this. There are two templates, one which allows you to fill it with your favourite colours, and the second which is completely pre-colored.
Materials Required to make paper Diyas:
We need only a few materials and tools to make this cute little project. Some of the items contain affiliate links for reference and convenience.
How to make Diwali paper Diya:
Here is a video tutorial and the step-by-step instructions are below.
1. Download the Diya template and print it. You can print on any paper but I personally prefer cardstock for making crafts like these.
2. Cut all the pieces out using a good pair of scissors.
3. Now grab an A4 colored paper and start by folding in accordion-style along the long edge. You can keep the width of each fold approximately 0.7cm to 1cm or even use an ice cream popsicle for reference to keep the folds uniform.
4. Fold the completed design in half and cut it. Now you have two designs out of one paper. Take one of them and fold it in half, the same way as before. Apply glue on the side and stick them together.
5. Spread the folds to form a semicircle.
6. Finally, Paste the diya on the perforated papercraft we just created.
There you go! Your paper diya is ready to light up the room.
Create your own style diva:
Here are the finished diya templates that I coloured on my own. I handpicked vibrant and contrasting colours to give it a festive look.
This diya outline template allows you to be creative. These have the necessary outline, you can colour them with your favourite colours and add more designs.
I hope these decorative Diya templates help in making your home more festive and spreads joy and happiness this Diwali. I also wish that you have a safe and eco-friendly Diwali.
Pin our Diwali paper Diya craft for later
You might also like our paper lotus craft. Lotus is actually a symbol of goddess Lakshmi who is worshipped on the day of Diwali.