All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
Who doesn’t love the challenge of solving a good riddle? These Brain teasers for kids help them build problem-solving skills, Boast Memory and also work on both sides of the Brain.
I’ve always had a love for fun brain Teasers as a child! I still get excited when it comes to pondering over these curious riddles.
Easy Brain Teasers (With Answers) for Kids
Brain teasers help kids think outside of the box to find the solution.
I have compiled a list of 60 thought-provoking Brain Teasers suitable for kids. They usually have quite obvious answers but it is hard to crack.
What’s more fun than sharing a giggle or two trying to figure out a good riddle? Let’s start.
1. What has four legs, but can’t walk?
Answer: A chair! or even a Table!
2. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
3. What gets wetter the more it dries?
Answer: A towel!
4. What has a head and tail, but no body?
Answer: A coin!
5. It is always hungry and lives only if you feed it. But it dies when you feed water. What is it?
6. What starts with T, ends with T, and has T inside it?
Answer: A teapot!
7. What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?
Answer: A stamp!
8. What lives in winter but dies in summer?
Answer: A Snowman!
9. What has many keys but never opens a single lock?
10. What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?
11. What belongs to you but other people use it more than you do?
Answer: Your name!
12. You need to break this before you can use it. What is it?
Answer: An Egg!
13. It has a face and hands, but cannot clap. What is it?
Answer: A clock!
14. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Answer: Egg. Dinosaur eggs existed long before Chickens!
15. What has one eye but can’t see?
Answer: A needle!
16. What starts with a P and ends with an E and also has thousands of letters?
Answer: Post office
17. I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest person can’t hold me for five minutes. What am I?
Answer: Your breath!
18. I run sometimes. yet I cannot walk. What am I?
Answer: A nose! (Running nose)
19. Who has Five fingers, yet is not alive?
Answer: A Glove!
20. You will buy me to eat but never eat me. What am I?
Answer: A plate.
21. Which fish is the most expensive?
Answer: A goldfish!
22. What is in the centre of America?
Answer: The letter ‘R.’
23. What goes up but never comes down?
24. What comes down but never goes up?
22. What has a neck but not a head?
24. I have cities, but no houses. I have Oceans, but no fish. What am I?
Answer: A Map!
25. Which letter of the alphabet has the most water?
Answer: The Letter “C”(Sea)
26. I’m tall when I’m young, and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?
Answer: A candle!
27. What has many teeth, but can’t bite?
Answer: A comb!
28. What word begins and ends with an E but only has one letter?
29. What can fill a room but takes up no space?
30. This Invention lets you look right through a wall.
Answer: A window.
31. Which Alphabet is an insect?
Answer: The Letter ‘B’ (Bee)
32. What runs all around a backyard, yet never moves?
Answer: A fence!
33. What is the one question that you can never answer with Yes?
Answer: “Are you asleep yet?”
34. What can you break without ever touching it?
Answer: A promise.
35. The more of me there is, the less you can see. What am I?
36. What’s full of holes but still holds water?
Answer: A sponge.
37. Which letter looks the same upside down, forward and also backward?
Answer: The letter ‘O’
38. What do Cats have that no other animal has?
39. What Letter is in your head?
Answer: The letter “I” (Eye)
40. What gets Sharper the more you use it?
Answer: Your Brain
41. What did the zero say to the eight?
Answer: Nice belt!
42. I am an odd number. If you Take away one letter and I become even. What number am I?
43. What 5-letter word becomes shorter when you add 2 letters to it?
Answer: The Word “Short” (Short + ‘er’)
44. I am a five-letter word, But I sound like one letter. Who am I?
Answer: Queue (Q)!
45. What is at the end of a rainbow?
The letter W
46. What can you catch but not throw?
47. What is the end of everything?
The letter “g”
48. It gives milk and has a horn. It is not a Cow. What is it?
Answer: A milk truck
50. It is as light as a feather, but even the world’s strongest man couldn’t hold it for more than 5 minutes.
Answer: Your Breath
51. It has a neck but no head and wears a cap in its mouth. What is it?
Answer: A bottle
52. It can run but never walks. It has a mouth but never talks. It has a bed but never sleeps. What is it?
Answer: A river
53. This goes up, but never moves? What is it?
54. This goes up and down, but never moves? What is it?
55. Which weighs more, a Kilo of feathers or a Kilo of bricks?
Answer: They both weigh the same.
56. How many months have 28 days?
Answer: All 12 months
57. Name 4 days that Start with Letter T.
Answer: Tuesday, Thursday, Today and Tomorrow
58. What can you see once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in 1,000 years?
Answer: The letter ‘M’
59. What kind of room has no doors or windows?
Answer: A mushroom!
60. People make me, save me, change me, take me. What am I?
61. I exist only when there is light, but direct light kills me. What am I?
Answer: A shadow
Alright. So how many did you really solve in an instance? Did you enjoy these Easy brain teasers for kids?
There are so many ways to enjoy riddles – from asking family members or friends to seeing who can solve them the quickest.
Brain teasers also make great icebreakers at parties, sleepovers, or even in classrooms. Kids of all ages can take turns coming up with their own or trying to find the answer to funny or tricky ones.
Similar Boardom Busters for kids
Check out our Free printables Library for a Ton of Educational Printables for Kids