All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
Giant pandas are undoubtedly one of the most beloved and adorable creatures on the planet.
As children learn about these fascinating animals, they may be interested in adding a fun and engaging activity to their studies.
This is where the Giant Panda Cut and Paste Craft comes in, providing an opportunity for children to exercise their creativity, fine motor skills, and hand-eye coordination while also learning about these beloved animals.
This craft is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages when incorporated as part of their unit study! if you are studying Asian animals, make sure you also check the Red Panda Cut and Paste Craft.
Things you will need to make this Giant Panda Craft:
– Giant Panda Template – Purchase from our Shop
– Card Stock Paper (Recommended for printing)
Watch the Video Tutorial on How to make a Giant Panda Craft
Directions to make Giant Panda Cut and Paste Craft
Making a Giant Panda Cut and Paste Craft is a breeze with our printable template! This project is perfect for kids of all ages, but little ones may require assistance with cutting.
Step 1: Print the Giant Panda Cut and Paste Template
The printable is available in two versions – one is pre-coloured, in which you can simply cut and paste. The other is black and white, where children can colour, cut, and paste to create their own unique giant panda.
In this blog, we will be discussing the coloured version.
Using thick sheets like cardstock is recommended for the best results. We suggest using 200 gsm paper and high-quality printing settings.
Step 2: Cut the Pieces out
Carefully cut out all the pieces along the edges. Younger children may need some help at this stage.
Step 3: Glue the Giant Panda Pieces Together
Start by glueing the head onto the body, followed by the arms and legs. You can also add the bamboo shoot for your giant panda to hold.
And voila! You’ll have an adorable Giant Panda Craft that’s about 15cm x 15cm in size.
It makes for a great decoration in a child’s room, and they’ll love showing off their creation!
Get the Giant Panda Cut and Paste Template
Combine this craft with learning facts about these cuddly creatures.
10 fascinating facts about giant pandas:
1. Giant pandas are bears and are native to China.
2. They have distinctive black and white fur coat.
3. Their diet consists mainly of bamboo, but they also eat fruits, insects, and small animals.
4. They have a special wrist bone called the “pseudo thumb” that helps them grip bamboo.
5. Giant pandas have a large head and a unique digestive system that allows them to eat up to 30kg of bamboo per day.
6. They are mainly solitary animals and communicate through scent marking.
7. Giant pandas are classified as endangered species due to habitat loss, poaching, and climate change.
8. They have a lifespan of around 20 years in the wild.
9. Giant pandas are great climbers and can swim too!
10. Giant pandas are known for their playful nature, and they are often seen rolling and tumbling around.
Did you know that baby giant pandas are born pink and hairless, and they weigh only about 100 grams at birth?
Giant Panda Books for Kids
These fiction and non-fiction books are perfect to add to your panda unit study!
Video About Giant Pandas:
Learn about giant pandas in this educational video for kids.
Kids’ Movies that feature Giant Pandas:
- Kung Fu Panda (2008)
- Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)
- Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016)
- Mission Panda (2020)
I trust that these giant panda suggestions were useful! If you’re eager to start creating this enjoyable cut-and-paste craft, go ahead and get printable.
You can save the images below by pinning them to revisit later when you want to do this craft.